According to recent numbers, some people are putting off plastic surgery procedures because of the recession. This is as true of labiaplasty as any other procedure. It’s not that women no longer want to undergo labia procedures, it’s just that they want to wait a few months until they’re in a better financial position. If this is true of you–you know that you will eventually undergo the labiaplasty, but it might be a few months–what should you do in the meantime? There are actually several things you can do in the meantime to get yourself prepared.
1) First, focus on being healthy. There are certain habits that damage the skin and work against the plastic surgeon. These habits include smoking and excessive drinking. Both of these hinder the healing process during your recovery, so it’s smart to stop now, before you go in for your labiaplasty.
2) Do as much research on the procedure as possible. This means doing a Google or Yahoo search onine for labiaplasty, but also take a trip to the public library and find everything you can on plastic surgery. Find out what is involved in the procedure, what the possible complications are, and what will be expected of you following the surgery.
3) Find others who have had labiaplasty surgery. These months before you have your operation give yourself the perfect opportunity to track down other former patients. You can discreetly put out the feelers among your female friends to see if any of them have had labiaplasty or considered it and decided for or against it. Sometimes the surgeons you consult, may put you in touch with former patients.
4) Broach the subject with your sexual partner. He/she will be the person, other than yourself, most affected by it. It is a good idea to speak with him/her about it and get his/hers input. Most importantly, make sure he/she will be there to support you when on the day of surgery.
5) finally, if the cost is one of the major reasons you must postpone having the labiaplasty procedure, spend the next few months exploring your financial options. There are increasing number of places offering plastic-surgery financing. You might as well spend some time researching if there is a program that will suit your situation.
By taking advantage of time before undergoing the labiaplasty, and having all your research and questions in order, you will feel much more confident and ready when the day of your surgery comes.