Let’s be honest: Not everybody can get their plastic surgery done right when they decide they need it. Many people need to spend some weeks or months saving up for the procedure or getting other things in line. Good news: There are things you can do even while you wait for your labiaplasty, face lift or tummy tuck, to help you maintain your youthful look. These are not permanent solutions, but will be a confidence builder while you raise the money needed for your plastic surgery. Here are my suggestions.
1. Stop smoking! Cigarette smoke seems to contribute to just about every health issue known to man, and the health of your skin is no different. It causes premature wrinkling and discoloraton–and just general ugliness. Your skin will start improving almost immediately when you stop the dirty habit.
2) Make sure you eat healthy foods. If you consume the right vitamins, antioxidants and fats, you’ll ensure that your skin looks its best. Choose vegetables, fruits and whole grains, while avoiding refined flours and sugars.
3) Don’t spend an excessive amount of time in the sun. Yes, everyone loves getting the tan look, but few things age the skin like over-exposure to the sun. When you are out, use sun-screen.
4) Use alcohol only in moderation. Like cigarettes, this can cause premature aging of your skin.
5) Always try to get 8 hours of sleep each night. When you go through life without enough rest, you’ll develop a perpetual glum look to your face, with eyes and mouth sagging. A good night’s sleep not only perks you up psychologically, but perks up your face as well.
6) Exercise religiously. 1. Make healthy food choices. Eating the right antioxidants, vitamins and fats can keep your skin looking great. Opt for fruits, veggies and whole grains, and avoid sugars and refined flours.
2. Don’t smoke.
3. Avoid excessive sun exposure and use sunscreens.
4. Limit your consumption of alcohol.
5. Get a good night’s sleep.
6. Exercise regularly. There is a close correlation between those who look their youngest with those who exercise. They’re almost always the same group.
7. Learn some good stress-reduction techniques. This could be meditation, prayer, yoga, talk therapy, progressive relaxation, etc.
8. With a doctor’s approval, consider using supplements to help prevent premature skin aging. for instance, Vitamin c helps make collagen, the tissue that plumps up your skin’s underlying structure. It also helps reduce damage from the sun. also, Vitamin E helps protect a person’s skin from sun damage. It can be used as both a lotion and vitamin supplement.